Knowledge Pathways Forum

Monday 5 May 2014

VU21450- Giving & Recieving Directions Part 1

Instructions


1. Click on the following link:   http://maps.melbourne.vic.gov.au/

2. Scroll forward with the mouse or touchpad  to move closer in on the map. To move further away from the map, scroll down. To move around the map, hold the left button of your mouse or touchpad, and move the cursor around.

3. Click on the Plus Signs (+) on the left hand menu of the map to see more options.

4. You can search for a place in the search bar at the top of the map page.

4. With your partner, decide who is the woman and who is the man. The woman and the man are both at Flinders Street Station.

5. Ask each other the questions below and then give each other directions.

6. Write down the directions you gave on your handout in the table below.



Asking for directions (Woman) You are at Flinders Street Station
Giving directions (look at the map of Melbourne and find what the woman is looking for)
1.  How do I get to the Simonds Catholic College high school?
 
 
 
2.  Where do I go to post a letter?
 
 
 
3.  Where can I go to have a picnic with my family (with a playground)?
 
 
 
4.  Where do I go to catch a bus (late at night)?
 
 
 
Asking for directions (Man) You are at Flinders Street Station
Giving directions (look at the map of Melbourne and find what the Man is looking for)
1.  Can you please tell me how to get to the police station?
 
 
 
2.  I need to borrow a book from the library. How do I get there?
 
 
 
3.  My mother is in hospital. Can you tell me where the hospital is?
 
4.  Can you tell me how to get to the Immigration Museum?
 
 
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment